CARVESMART™ replaces cap screwed jaws with a dovetailed jaw. Powerful channeled clamping elements are accessed from the top of the master jaw. Eliminating face accessed cap screws gives the CARVESMART™ dovetailed jaw design a larger machinable workholding zone, that permits holding on to many parts deeper into the jaws for better performance. The CARVESMART 6 inch aluminium master jaw set accepts all 6″ & 8″ accessories.
The Clamp Assembly
The patented design is the fastest and most durable dovetailed vise jaw clamp in the industry. Partial retraction allows the jaws to be loaded from the side, with full retraction allowing front loading. The nuts are QPQ coated 1018 steel improving wear and corrosion resistance, while the differential RH / LH screw is made from a black oxidised alloy steel. The master jaws house a set of 303 stainless steel threaded inserts, for smooth operation and dependable thread life.
The 6″ Master Jaw Set includes two Aluminium jaws, a full set of 1/2″-13 Low Head Cap Screws and an allen wrench. The set of 1/2″-13 LHCS can be swapped out for M12 LHCS upon request to suit metric vises.
CARVESMART 6 inch aluminium master jaws extra details:
- 6061 Aluminium
- 0.051mm thick, black, hard coat anodized. Mil 8625 Type III class 2
- Machined flat and parallel within 0.051mm
- Accepts COMBO Jaws and 1018 Jaws
- Front and side jaw loading
- Accepts five extruded profiles that can be cut to any length
- No exterior components that prevent vises from being mounted jaw to jaw
- No exterior components to blow back chip
- Does not accept SMARTstop Jaws