These machinable ID Xpansion Clamps are produced in 12L14 steel with black oxide coating in 12 sizes and can hold internal diameters from 4.1mm to 250mm. The #10 ID Expansion Clamp is manufactured using 7075-T6 aluminium.
The flange diameter of the clamp is held to a close tolerance for precision locating in a machined pocket on work cubes and fixture plates.
You can machine the mild steel clamp to match the bore of the part ensuring a proper fit. Often times the clamps can be re-machined for different size jobs, gaining multiple uses out of the same ID Xpansion Clamp over a period of time.
The low profile ID Xpansion Clamp can hold several parts in one compact area for secondary operations without any clamping interference. They are quickly tightened with a hex key, torque driver or can be mated to hydraulic pull cylinders for automation.
- Low Profile
- Ideal for Secondary Operations on lathe parts
- Easily machined to size on lathe or mill
- Excellent for palletised setups
- Allows more parts per workcube or fixture plate
- Heat-treated and coated screw for long life
- Clamp body made of mild steel for machinability
- Tighten with hex key or hydraulic pull cylinders (Drill clearance hole for longer bolt into cylinder)
- Longer screws available for hydraulic applications
ID Xpansion Clamp Machining and Installation
CAD models can be downloaded by clicking on the Model # in the table below:
Holding Force (N.)
** Clamp made from 7075-T6 aluminium stock.
G+ Minimum diameter the “F” dimension can be machined or turned down to.
To view extra columns so you can get the required information to drill and tap the holes, please refer to this spreadsheet.
MODEL #00 – #6 ID Xpansion Clamps
- Expand clamp approximately 0.0508mm to 0.0762mm over relaxed diameter and machine to fit to workpiece bore, either on a lathe or a mill.
- If machining the clamp on a lathe, use the nut provided on the back of the clamp to tighten the tapered screw. So, this nut is only to be used while turning the clamp.
- Machine a pocket, in the fixture, for the close tolerance “E” dimension and drill and tap mounting holes per “H” column. Drill and tap a hole from the “I” column in the center of the pocket for the tapered screw.
- A recessed dowel pin may be installed into the flange for additional rigidity if required.
- Range of expansion 0.013mm to 0.64mm depending upon size.
MODEL #7-10 ID Xpansion Clamps
- A Locking ring is provided to ensure segments remain rigid while machining clamps to size. (#9 and #10IDs ship with 2 rings)
- Insert ring and tighten drive screw, machine clamp to bore size. Remove ring to clamp workpiece.
- Aggressive material removal is not recommended when machining clamps to size.